POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sunbeam skies go awry [~50KB Jpg] : sunbeam skies go awry [~50KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  sunbeam skies go awry [~50KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Apr 2000 16:59:22
Message: <38ea57aa@news.povray.org>
Like many people I try these sky pictures off and on and with the recent ones
being done I've tried again.  Top render was fine for the sky I thought but then
I went and had to try and improve upon it and forgot to save the original script
as it first was.  With luck I'll find the correct settings again I hope.
There's not that much to it, only two patterns on a sphere based upon Chris
Huff's scene.
It also has non-parallel sunbeams, another reason for making changes; which is
how I ended up with the bottom render.  I mucked it up pretty good I think, but
hey, look at those 'parallel' beams thanks to MegaPov.  I couldn't get parallel
sun-beams with a point light source the first time and wondered why the first
picture didn't look right.  So the second render uses a spotlight (says in the
doc it can be done with point lights too?).  Never mind the rainbow, it isn't in
a realistic position, there for looks.
The ground became a height field which helped it a lot, but the water and sky
suffered.  I never get completely good renders done!
It could be wetlands or river delta but I'd have to spend much more time on it,
so later maybe.
Thanks Lewis and Chris for motivating me to do something like this again anyhow.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message